(keitai-l) Re: Email w/ picture to a J-Phone

From: Gary James <gary.james_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 12/04/01
> Doesn't J-Phone put a gateway size limit on images? i thot a j-sky msg was
> capped at ~5k. (5910 bytes - including the email addresses!). You can see
> this because when you attach an image you have a smaller size allowed for
> the accompanying text msg. This will change with J-xx51 to 10K i recall.

Yes, that's right.  When I tried sending larger images the image didn't
appear at all.  When images are sent, I think they are sent as "long
mail" and the limit you quote is probably the long mail limit.

As for the J-xx51....just 10K?  I would have thought these new phones
with their faster connections, extra memory etc. could do better!  Oh
well :-)

--
Gary James
Project Leader (Theta Team)