(keitai-l) Re: Apache authentication on handsets

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 12/12/01
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>So if you go from /foo/bar/one to /foo/bar/two, you should not have to
>re-authenticate. But going from /foo/bar/one to /foo/bam/one you would
>have to re-authenticate.

The problem sometimes reared its head even on subsequent attempts to hit
the SAME URL. (I checked this carefulIy) I suspect it is a problem with
the browser in the phone I use (F209i) rather than a generic issue. From
my webbrowser, all was fine...

It always amuses me when people on the list asking how well this or that
emulator emulates a particular phone - the issues BETWEEN phones are so
pervasive that anything that works "just so" on one phone type is rarely
going to work the same way on another. The point being, I suppose, not to
try and code too close to the margin and never assume that jus 'cuz
something works on your phone it will work on all others.

>> I have also noticed more dns timeouts when I am accessing a restricted
>> area.
>
>This seems very odd. I can't see how it would be related.

Me neither. I never pinned it down to DEFINITELY existing as a problem,
but it was - wierd... Repeatedly Wierd.

Nick