(keitai-l) Re: pinning messages in the air

From: Christian Molstrom <cmolstrom_at_lightsurf.com>
Date: 12/17/01
The first I heard of this was about a year ago and everyone sqealled excitedly, "and when you walk by the ramen shop your keitai
will light up and tell you the negi ramen is 100 yen off for the next 30 minutes only! And the you walk by the next ramen shop and
your keitai buzzes and..."

 This will make spam look like just a quaint, and bearable, annoyance.  At least you can delete spam or simply not read it.

But the idea of GPS locationing web content is pretty gosh darn nifty.  The first question that pops into my head is, tho is like
"goodness sakes Clem, there's already too much information!  I have a hard enough time as it is trying to pick and choose my way
though places to eat in Shibuya...will MORE information really make anything better?" (okay, an old debate, but...)

The need for somelike the lice collector's idea as a way to *evaluate* information (a group trust) rather than recieve it will
become more and more apparent.  And of course, open the doors wide open to more innovation in information management.

Christian