(keitai-l) Re: KPN's imode (Europes first imode Handset announced)

From: Graham Brown <gbrown_at_wirelessworldforum.com>
Date: 12/18/01
It is almost identical to the original Japanese model from which I am
assuming both models have been
adpated from. NEC claim one of the few differences is that it supports 160
character SMS rather than 1,000 character email and WML+cHTML as opposed to
straight cHTML.

GB
http://www.wirelessworldforum.com/
http://www.mobileyouth.org/

Subject: (keitai-l) Re: KPN's imode (Europes first imode Handset
announced)

|This phone appears to be exactly the same (externally at least) as the NEC
|DB 7000 which is a GPRS terminal to be launched in Italy very soon.
Probably
|also the internal hardware and OS are the same with just a different
|browser. If so be assured that while it is "similar" to NEC handsets in
|Japan the colour rendition is not as good judging from the ones we have
been
|working on.
|

|John
|
|www.alatto.com

The first European Imode phone will be the NEC N21i
http://www.wirelessworldforum.com/w2fnews11232.html
Pictures available