(keitai-l) Re: Docomo's churn rate

From: Andrea <anima_at_gmx.de>
Date: 12/20/01
Antonella,

> It is on the order of 1%-2% for cellular and a lot higher
> for PHS. That's a _lot_ lower than most carriers in Europe.

As far as I know, DoCoMo also has the lowest cellular churn rate in
Japan, followed by J-Phone. au/KDDI has a comparably high churn rate and
has been loosing subscribers for months now, with Docomo and J-Phone
both being on the winner side.

All this may change however, if number portability among carriers
becomes possible in Japan, which would allow consumers to switch
carriers without loosing their phone number.

Regards,
Andrea Hoffmann
--
Andrea Hoffmann - Associate Consultant - EGIS Japan
Mail: info_at_egis.co.jp WWW: http://egisjapan.com