(keitai-l) Re: KPN's imode (Europes first imode Handset announced)

From: Victor Pikula (MMJ) <pikula_at_mobilemediajapan.com>
Date: 12/20/01
Luca wrote:
"I'm pretty sure that the NEC handset for KPN does not yet support Java."

Judging from the KPN press conference, the N21i handset doesn't support
Java. KPN: "DoCoMo advised us not to immediately bring Java handsets to
Europe because of the user's learning curve."

Personally, I think "consumer's learning curve" is closely related to
"Japanese standard export procedures"... Japanese electronics producers are
traditionally more inclined to export older products for a number of
reasons. This has been discussed in a previous thread BTW:
http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/archives/2001-03/0210.html

Also, please see my updated article (translated all Dutch news on this as
well) here:
http://discuss.mobilemediajapan.com/stories/storyReader$3596

Regards,
Victor Pikula