(keitai-l) Re: failure, success, strand consulting and imode

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 12/29/01
> > Ummmmm.... sounds a bit like the Internet, doesn't it Gerhard? I
> > personally wouldn't say the web was a "failure", but by late 1999/early
> > 2000 it was certainly ready for a shakeout.

Mr Governor:

I think what you are confusing here is:

(a) the behavior of the various players on the market for investments
and
stocks in internet companies
(b) the technology base of the internet (e.g.. packet switching vs.
circuit switching) and the commercial implications.

The same applies to imode/wireless internet. If some investors who
don't underestand the technology bid the value of companies with bad
business models to crazy levels this does not mean that technology
base in this area is bad.

I don't think imode is a bubble - and I don't think internet is a bubble:
internet has been around for much too long. The bubble was in the
market for investments in companies in the internet field or claiming
to be in the internet field.

I think Jeff Funk's explanations will also help you to understand these
issues.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/