(keitai-l) Re: infrared port use on i-mode phones

From: jason pollard <jasonpollard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 01/09/02
That is a good idea - some kind of gyroscopic sensor in the tip of the
antenna that can send your gyrations to text recognition
software/firmware/service.  A novel way to get text into your
keitai.....unless you have a dozen wrist straps hanging off your phone.  I
think IBM has a similar thing where you can write on a pad of paper with a
special pen which records your writing strokes, then zap your doc over to
your PDA in digital format.

Another nifty input method would be using one of those pen sized text OCR
scanners in the end of the antenna.  Might be useful for scanning meishi,
train schedules, etc.

Could somebody give me a quick rundown of whats possible/what's not with the
IR ports on keitais in the various parts of the world?  I don't think
there's any i-appli interface to IR ports, though the various handset
vendors could integrate it if they wanted to.

--Jason