(keitai-l) Qualcomm BREW?

From: Eric Hildum <Eric_Hildum_at_itochu.net>
Date: 01/17/02
At the last CTIA show in Las Vegas, I noticed that Qualcomm had a fairly
large booth for their BREW platform. Looking at it, it seemed that the most
advanced applications were the gaming applications being developed and
deployed in Korea by various Korean companies. At the time, I did not really
see that this technology would be of interest in Japan, as the Japanese
carriers were already beginning to deploy Java applications, which in my
view is a more flexible application environment. Other than a potential for
a slightly better performance for gaming applications, is there any need for
BREW? Has anything in the last year changed? Is anything happening with BREW
in Japan? Is there any buzz at all?
--
Eric Hildum