(keitai-l) Re: Suggestion for wireless location based service

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 01/27/02
> A friend of mine sent me this link...I saw it before,
> but totally forgot about it...this guy collected really
> a lot of information about some basic needs on the go...
>
> So if anybody is in need for a cool and useful idea for
> a location based wireless service, this is it:
>
> http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~AD8Y-HYS/index.htm

Running since 1996, and over 300,000 page visits.
I'm impressed.  And how much better to be able to
visit it AND help update it by mobile phone.  When
nature calls in the unnatural wilderness of the Tokyo
train system, it would be nice to know whether to
take the upcoming stop, or give it a pass.  You could
even do a kind of socioware app, "ima-unchi" or
something.  "I'm at Sendagaya too, and I have a
tissue-packet I was handed on the street, so drop
by and save 100 yen, I'll be waiting outside the
entrance ...."

-michael turner
leap@gol.com