(keitai-l) Re: Make a mInt! Gratuitously! (was Re: Re: mInt License - By popular demand!)

From: CC <charles_at_qualfone.com.tw>
Date: 01/29/02
New chip to speed up cellphone Java applications

Nazomi Communications has unveiled its first silicon IC Java accelerator
chip, which improves Java software execution while extending battery life in
cellphones. The JA108 offloads the microprocessor by taking over the task of
executing Java bytecode instructions quickly and power-efficiently and thus
speeds up Java software execution by 15x to 60x, depending on the
application. It accomplishes this without increasing system clock
frequencies, requiring additional memory, new tools or causing any new
porting efforts. The chip, which interfaces like a standard SRAM device, is
a stand-alone Java Accelerator that can be easily integrated into new and
existing designs on existing memory buses.

Jay Kamdar, vice president of marketing at Nazomi commented, "With the
deployment of 2.5G and 3G networks, wireless carriers are increasingly
looking at offering Java-based-interactive applications, such as multimedia
messaging, financial services and gaming, to increase the average revenue
per unit (ARPU) and customer loyalty. Nazomi's Java acceleration solutions
will improve the usability and the overall user experience of these
services. With JA108 enhanced devices, handset manufacturers can readily
answer the carriers' demand for Java enabled phones that deliver enhanced
performance in the most economical and practical way."