(keitai-l) Keitai

From: Mathieu Tozer <mathieut_at_mac.com>
Date: 02/01/02
こんにちは!
I have been reading this list for a few days now, and while sometimes
the discussion is a bit technical for me, I was interested still in the
list because I felt like if there was anything I ever wanted to know
about 携帯 then this would be the place to ask!
I am 18, and Australian, I am going to Uni in Japan this year, and since
I feel in love with Japanese technology (esp. keitai) when I was on 5
months exchange there in 2000, I feel like there will be no stopping me
getting one when I come to Japan in March. The question I want to ask
is, what is the best one to get, if I want it cheaply (of course) with a
large screen and email? Since that's what I can see myself using it
mostly for. I will have a 4 year student / part time working Visa so I
don't think that will be a problem.
I mean how could one live in Japan for 4 years without having a keitai?
I'm sure you'll all agree that it would be impossible!
One more question, are any of the keitai's not bluetooth capable? Does
that mean that they can hook up without cables to a laptop?  I have an
apple iBook (and it's great - shoosh any PC users who think they're
crap!) It can have a bluetooth enabled airport card in it and it would
be good to send email like that though the internet!

-Mathieu Tozer