(keitai-l) OT: The funny side effects of posting to Keitai-L

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 02/04/02
Hi keitai-l,

this is a bit OT, but interesting anyway. Every time I post
something on Keitai-L I get a bunch of private replies and
somehow Keitai-L initiated emails which I like to share.
So to summarize just the last week until today, I got this:

* I got spammed by a Keitai! The sender used a i-mode
  email address originated on DoCoMo's network. The (not so)
  friendly owner of this Keitai replied to Keitai-L mails
  as I saw on the subject line, but wrote in Japanese
  and used the word "baka" a lot. Later I learned that
  he/she accidentally subscribed to the list and insulted
  almost every poster of the last week until Mika
  unsubscribed this address.

* Not one week passes by, that I don't get an inquiry from
  Kuwait who wants to order my (?) new phones in big
  amounts, but they want 1,000 free samples of the handsets
  first. Uh.

* People I never met in my whole live write me email and
  remember me that I met them at a sports event and ask me
  for some free consulting why their i-mode site is not
  working as expected. People who know me know also that you
  can not find me at any sports event or involved in any
  sports related activity because I like to get a relaxed
  shape like Buddha. If they are nice, I help them anyway.

* People love to send me headlines or full HTML pages with
  comments like "Do you saw this? This is brandnew!". But if
  the link is this one:
  http://www.wirelessworldforum.com/w2fnews11538.html
  I can only tell them that this information posted at Friday 1st
  February 2002 is exactly one year old and i-applis are really
  not a new technology anymore.

* The last email came from somebody who wanted to invite me
  to 2 (!) beer to squeeze out the last FOMA secrets out of me.
  Hey, I am German after all, I need more than 2 beers to
  lose my tongue...but if it gets lose, you will not hear
  any secrets anymore...more something like lall, brabbel...

:)

Juergen