(keitai-l) Re: i-appli tweaking

From: <zblut_at_excite.co.jp>
Date: 02/07/02
Hello,

Yes it can be done.  But remember you still have to link events and other functionality, in addition to just showing a panel or canvas.  Thus, At first you probably want to focus on one or the other (Canvas/Panel) so that you can fit an interpreter and all the other bells and whistles in 10KB.

Good Luck!

Zev

Any of you java blackbelt gurus (and you know who you are) have an opinion
on how/if it would be possible to dynamically load and unload i-appli canvas
or panel classes in an effort to circumvent the 10K appli size limit?

I'm thinking maybe one could download some bytecode as a string, cast it as
a panel or canvas class, and set it as the current screen.

I just wanted to get some feedback on this idea before I decide to start
that lonely journey into the unkown...

--Jason