(keitai-l) Re: i-Motion, streaming or Download??

From: Andrea <anima_at_gmx.de>
Date: 02/11/02
Daniel,

> * Is the content first downloaded to the terminal and then played, or
is it actually streamed in iMotion services/terminals?

The content is downloaded and then played on the handset.

> * I have heard something about three types of content for iMotion, 1,2
and 3. What are the charachteristics for these types? Does they really
exist?

Yes, they do exist. You can have

1) both of video and audio

2) just audio

3) a video slide show

> * In the FOMA-broshure it says that the P2101V uses ASF format for
video storage. ASF = Active Streaming Format = Microsoft... I thought
PacketVideo was the only video-system-supplier for NTT?

For i-motion and its other video service "M-Stage visual", NTT DoCoMo
uses the Microsoft MPEG-4 file format ASF.

Cheers,
Andrea Hoffmann
--
Andrea Hoffmann