(keitai-l) J-Phone Emulator

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 02/18/02
Hey there,

J-Phone Emulator is just out.
Available at

http://www.dp.j-phone.com/

3D addon stuff at:

http://www.mascotcapsule.com/toolkit/jphone/

I downloaded it and it doesn't appear to come with any useful examples
like the docomo emulator. However a bit of playing around and I managed
to get the examples from Sun's J2ME toolkit to run on the emulator.

I'm still not clear how this content aggregation is going to work.

I've put a UIDemo up on my server http://www.neurogrid.net/UIDemo.jad,
but I have yet to find information about what kind of web page will tell
a j-phone to download the jad file - this may well be information that
only the content aggregators have.

At least we can write and debug applications with the emulator - but it
remains to be seen if this content aggregation approach will allow
successful midlet development - and hey what's the difference between a
midlet and an applet, beats me.

Happy Coding

CHEERS> SAM