(keitai-l) Nihongo AxKit for 3 Japanese phone types (was Re: Re: XML diversity)

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 02/18/02
Dave Emery wrote:
> There's also an XML application server alternative to Cocoon, called
AxKit.

> http://www.axkit.org/

And somebody's been a busy little beaver with it, too:

  http://www.kcn.ne.jp/~idic/xml/3mode.html

Plugging this into into

  http://www.rikai.com

.... I find that Todd Rudick has also been busy lately -- or, actually,
since
nobody pays him to do rikai, he must have had some free time to
tinker with the interface.

With the aid of Todd's Nihongo Cheat-Sheet-o-Matic, I hereby
treat you to a rough-and-ready (not to say licentious) translation
of the blurb:

---

   Let's Make Pages Compatible with All Three Modes Using AxKit!

AxKit is an XML application server based on Apache + mod_perl.
By preparing an XML file and a stylesheet, you can get server-side
production of html/hdml/chtml/wml/blahblahblahml in various forms
sent to the client -- or so you'd hope.  Actually, you give it a try and
it turns out that it's, well, a little hinkier than you'd expect.  I guess
I'd
like to get a little more experience with it, recording (FWIW) the
various snags along the way.

---

I won't go into the rest.   It appears there's been progress, in any case.

AxKit seems to be an option for you brave mod_perl hackers out there,
and you know who you are (and therefore you know I'm not one
of you.)

-michael turner
leap@gol.com