(keitai-l) Re: [link] wireless spam.

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 02/28/02
> Hey, the general idea worked for me. Of course, the
> Java-running-on-the-phone approach doesn't strike me as working so
> well. It's much better to set up an address on your mail server,
> and have your MTA route your keitai mail through some custom scripts
> that deal with filtering. And of course your outgoing mail from
> your phone has to go through different scripts on your server to
> get proper header rewriting. It took me no more than a few hours
> to set up, and I'd be happy to give you the information you need
> to set this up on your mail server.

Hey, this is a very practical approach for all i-mode users
out there and it will even tweak the weak economy! Imagine
30 million people install their own mailservers, learn
everything about SMTP headers and even get used to
copy&paste the address of the sender they want to reply to
into the first line of the mail body just to keep their
Keitai spam free. And as a side effect people learn how to
quote and format mails correctly, get rid of HTML mails,
never send private mails to public mailing lists, send URL's
in one line without breaks and don't subscribe to Keitai-L
with a Keitai anymore.

I totally understand what you are talking about, but I guess
you underestimate the "hu?" factor. Just ask your date what
she does against spam on her Keitai. It will be a much more
simple approach, you will be surprised :)

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. Tokyo, Japan
i-mode/FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/