(keitai-l) Re: GIFs & Unisys

From: Christian Molstrom <cmolstrom_at_lightsurf.com>
Date: 03/01/02
I am pretty sure DoCoMo holds a license from Unisys.  At any
rate I know that Access, the company that makes the browser
software that displays GIF images on iMode handsets does
hold a license.

But producing and displaying GIF images are two separate
issues as I understand it, and a Unisys license is necessary
for both.

If content suppliers want to create GIF images they will be
responsible for negotiating their own contract.  However,
most content suppliers will get this licence if they
purchase something like Adobe PhotoShop because Adobe has a
sub-licensing agreement with Unisys.

Christian