(keitai-l) Re: i-mode launch and service offering announced by E-Plus

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 03/05/02
Arjen,

Tuesday, March 05, 2002, you wrote:
> E-Plus announced yesterday its i-mode service profile for Germany.
> Pricing scheme is different, in particular standard price of EUR 0.19 for
> an i-mail of maximum 1000 characters.
> Seems E-Plus did not want to canabalize it SMS-revenues.
> Juergen, Gerhard can you (finally) do something useful for the list? Can
> you translate it as native German speakers?

as we learned yesterday, Gerhard is now a native English
speaker (Slobby vs Sloppy) and you complain about my bad
English all the time in private mail anyway, so what's the
point of doing your job for free?

> If both of you start working now (TUE, 7:07am JCT), the list-members can
> check the speed and quality of your work. Good measure of the quality of
> the consulting work you both advertise and your linguistic capabilities ;-)

First this list is moderated and we don't get the mails as
early as you post them and second it's basically a bad article
not really worth a translation. But since you ask so nice,
here is a summary anyway:

* Start of German i-mode: March 16th 2002.
* German i-mode works based on GPRS.
* Only one handset available in the beginning: NEC 21i,
  paku-paku style (foldable), color screen, 120x160 pixel,
  256 colors, polyphonic ring tones, integrated (?) games,
  T9 text input system.
* The phone costs including a 24 months contract 249 Euro.
* G-i-mode costs 3 Euro monthly with a contract for
  at least 6 months.
* Packet fee is 1 cent for 1kb.
* Pay content is available between 0,25 to 2 Euro per month.
* One max 1000 character long email (called i-mail) costs 0,19 Euro.
* The first 2 months they offer 50 i-mails and 10 content
  subscriptions for free to promote the service.

Juergen