(keitai-l) Re: New Blackberry

From: cfb <cfb_at_nirai.ne.jp>
Date: 03/05/02
Juergen Specht wrote:

> Hi Mika,
>
> Tuesday, March 05, 2002, you wrote:
> >         This one is pretty interesting:
> >         http://www.rim.net/news/press/pr-04_03_2002-01.shtml
> >         kind of palm with builting gsm/gprs phone.
>
> I guess this sounds interesting to somebody outside
> Japan...it has not even a color screen! :)

Looks like a sony magi-thingie tablet palm-top flop circa 1996.

...or a Franklin Rex with a keyboard.

God it's amazing how innovative the NA portable development community
can be when they're allowed to forget the past.  Good thing there's
a phone in there and an 18 month service contract to bind the user to
the device, otherwise it'd soon become yet another dust collector
in the dead attempt to build a tool that everyone adopts closet.