(keitai-l) Re: Short Term Phone Rentals in Japan

From: Ira J. Bolden <i-bolden_at_ti.com>
Date: 03/18/02
Carsten,

I'm not sure if the following company rent FOMA handsets, but you can also
give them a try.  Both companies target international customers.

BL Telecom Square.  BL stands for Barter Link Inc.
Calling from outside Japan:  +81-3-3239-2333.  Fax:  +81-3-3239-2444
Calling from inside Japan:  03-3239-2333. Fax:  03-3239-2444
URL http://www.telecomsquare.co.jp  E-mail:  info_at_telecomsquare.co.jp

They advertise that they deliver the phone to any location you desire:  home
/ office / airport

Sony Finance does not rent FOMA phones.

Sony Finance International, Inc.
Calling from outside Japan:  +81-3-3475-1707.  Fax:  +81-3-3475-2724
Calling from inside Japan:  03-3475-1707. Fax:  03-3475-2724
URL http://www.sonyfinance.co.jp

They advertise that they offer rentals at airports (Tokyo, Kansai, Nagoya &
Fukuoka) and hotels in major cities.

Good luck.

Ira