(keitai-l) Re: Grin :)

From: cfb <cfb_at_nirai.ne.jp>
Date: 03/18/02
Mika Tuupola wrote:

>         A bit off topic, but I find this amusing:
>
>                 http://www.keitai-l.com/
>                 http://www.keitai-l.net/
>                 http://www.keitai-l.org/
>[...]

One word:  two byte multi-lingual domain names... in the .jp TLD.

...after all, ignorant gaijin can squat what they can't see and,
at a minimum, it would provide an interesting clue barrier S/N
filter.  Plus, you'd get all the heavy-handedness that JPNIC
anti-squatting rules provide (Ok... I'll quite being sarcastic
now).

On a more serious note, drop the guy some e-mail and find out
what his motivation was/is.  Occasionally, you'll find people
who want to archive mailing lists for posterity, kinda' like
the (various) firewall or ascend mailing lists (and on more than
one occasion this has been a good thing... I still remember when
the primary ascend mailing list archive went up in flames).

Mailing lists as a viable commercial venture?  Has a long history
of ending in whaling and gnashing of teeth.  Just look at the
Internet.com mailing lists... or even Dr. Farber's short lived
attempt to charge for access to Interesting People.  The list
(so to speak) really is endless.