(keitai-l) Re: A bit more on Toshiba's euro i-mode handset

From: <burkhard.jaerisch_at_daimlerchrysler.com>
Date: 03/19/02
>Nokia 3xxx and will be available 2H02.  I wonder how well KPN's i-mode=
 will
>do with just one handset available, assuming that N21i is available..

i have seen the N21i in several stores now for 249 euro, so it should b=
e=20
available.
Marketing intensity is low, though. A problem that I see is that none o=
f the=20
large consumer electronic chains in Germany (ProMarkt, MediaMarkt, Satu=
rn)=20
mention i-mode in their ads. MediaMarkt is already tied up with Jamba, =
another=20
mobile portal, so they won't advertise i-mode, at least for now.
These chains account for a large share of mobile phone sales in Germany=
 so=20
without their support it's going to be tough to get the mass market.

burkhard=