(keitai-l) Re: RIOT-E goes belly up

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 03/20/02
//    	The inevitable seemed to have happened:
//
//    	http://www.riot-e.com/press/content_pressreleases.html
//
//    	the lesson? It is not enough just to make flashy deals
//    	on rights to use spiderman pictures.

That seems a bit of a harsh characterisation. Riot-e were certainly taking a
gamble on plopping down big license advances - I heard they paid $1M advance
for LOTR - but I also heard they were going round europe operator by
operator and getting big advances for territory exclusives against that
property.

just got caught by the market taking longer to arrive...

/dc

//
//    --
//    Mika Tuupola
//    http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/
//
//
//    This mail was sent to address dc@gamelet.com
//    Need archives? How to unsubscribe?
//    http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/
//
//