(keitai-l) Re: European i-mode

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 03/22/02
> Charset Metatags could have been specified:
> ie. <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;CHARSET=x-sjis"> for
> Japanese otherwise whatever European code they use as default.

Vincent, if you still use this header above, than you
are in the "Making Your Company INvisible in Japan" business.

This header is obsolete. It's official replaced by

Don't believe me, believe the W3C:

http://www.w3.org/International/O-charset-list.html

See the complains of a validator if you check a site, which
uses this obsolete header:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nokia.co.jp%2Ftokyoq%2Fi%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline

Or believe the archives:

http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/archives/2001-07/0173.html

But I must be thankful. As long as I can read so much wrong
information in Keitai-L, I know that I never run out of
business ;)

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. Tokyo, Japan
i-mode/FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/