(keitai-l) AW: Re: Control over i-mode

From: Jan Michael Hess <jansan_at_mobileeconomy.de>
Date: 03/22/02
christian, from what I know most japanese i-mode devices use
proprietary OS. as for the Java implementation www.jblend.com by aplix
is on most j-phone and kddi java devices. but the OS does not
seem to make a big difference over there.

as for i-mode in germany: I have heard that they will ultimately
use wap 2.0, too, as wap 2.0 goes towards xhtml etc. -> open standards.
this means that with a wap 2.0 device you should be able to read content
orginally developed in c/ihtml.

best, jansan.