(keitai-l) Re: AW: which is most remarkable? Vodafone's counter attack or the potential demise of WAP?

From: Gustaf Rosell <gustaf_at_xpedio.com>
Date: 03/27/02
At 13:46 2002-03-27, you wrote:
>if you are in Berlin, would you share us some details on this
>E-Plus i-mode?  what I'm interested is the NEC n21i handset
>which uses ACCESS Compact NetFront browser for both WAP 2.0
>and i-mode.  then from where do they fork away?

The actual version does not support WAP 2.0, but it will for other, later
i-mode handsets.

It does however support WML 1.3 in text mode, that is either directly from
the content server or through an un-wap gateway (...). So it handles WML in
the same way as CHTML. So forking away is done in the parser, if even there.

/g

http://xped.io | gustaf_at_xpedio.jp | t +46 8 674 50 47 | m +46 70 916 47 47