(keitai-l) Questions about J2ME for new KDDI phones...

From: Mathieu Castelli <mcastell_at_noos.fr>
Date: 04/11/02
Hello everybody,
few questions from France about the new KDDI GPS phones...

- Is PNG transparency supported on all MIDP implementations of new phones ?

- Which network protocol are supported apart from HTTP and SSL? TCP sockets?
UDP datagrams ?

- We've seen that it takes 15 to 30 seconds to get the location of the
phone. Does it take the same time when location request comes from a Java
class (should be) ?  And, is it possible to retrieve it in the background
(in a separated thread) or does it lock up the Java application which is
asking for it (is the interface frozen) ?

- Do network I/O lock up the phone or is it possible to put them in a
separate thread and have the program do something else ?

Thank you in advance,

Mathieu