(keitai-l) Re: Practicalities of choosing Japanese Keitai

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 05/04/02
On Thu, 2 May 2002, Nik Frengle wrote:

> Cost is the other major factor, especially if using a PHS card
> for data. You can get a package from H" for 4,000 yen/mo.(I think--I
> can't remember the price right now, but believe it is about 4-5,000
> yen/mo.) that allows unlimited web access at 32kbps.

This is the Air-H" (say 'air-edge') package from DDI. It's about 5000
yen per month (a bit more if you don't take a one year contract) plus
another 1500 yen per month in ISP fees. It gives you unlimited IP access
at 32 Kbps. They now have a 128 Kbps version available as well, though
you need a newer card for it, and I hear it's a couple of thousand yen
per month more expensive.

cjs