(keitai-l) Re: screen sizes list

From: Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings_at_roundpoint.com>
Date: 05/20/02
On Fri, 17 May 2002, Hans de Graaff wrote:

> On Fri, 17 May 2002, Mika Tuupola wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 17 May 2002, dc wrote:
> >
> >> Mika supplied php code for returning this info, but assume this is
> >> out of date now (tho it does include 503 series). I'm more looking
> >> for a table of data.
> >>
> >> http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/code/iua/Imode_User_Agent.phps
> >
> > 	Which reminds me, it propably needs some updating. Atleast
> > 	the euro i-mode phones should be included.
>
> "N21i" => array (
>            "imagewidth"  => 120, "imageheight" => 160,
>            "textwidth"   => 17,  "textheight"   => 10,
>            "colour" => IMODE_COLOUR_256,
>            "imageformats"=> array("gif")
>         ),
>
> The font is proportional, so the actual textwidth may vary depending
> on which characters have been used.
<snip>

This isn't nearly enough.  The document character set for Euro i-mode is
Unicode and the character encoding is Windows 1252 (though KPN says ISO
8859-1; perhaps they haven't noticed the difference).  The emoji have been
assigned completely different code positions in the Unicode private use
area, and not all of them are available at all.