(keitai-l) Re: Japanese Java Applications Popularity?

From: Timothy J Mckinnon <mckint_at_ecomm.net.au>
Date: 06/04/02
Hi Emily

your best start would be the www.nttdocomo.com site.
iMode is by far the most popular application platform, followed by iAppli,
then easyweb, jsky.

Timbo

(THe docomo phones have an inbuilt iMode access menu, but I just tried to
access it with a normal browser and it would not load. I imagine the server
is checking the browser type and refusing access to ie5. If you spoof the
http header and insert a docomo phone type, it will probably return content
to you and you could browse the application menu)