(keitai-l) Re: GPRS -- Vodafone -- latency

From: wimjam <wimjam_at_gmx.co.uk>
Date: 06/04/02
Most of the latency is due to air-interface issues (slot allocation), I
believe the operators (at least the vendors), are in the process of
finetuning the airinterface to reduce that latency.
Consider it as a release-1 feature...

and about the rumour... well I wouldn't go that far... GPRS currently
doesnt offer any Quality of Service, therefore reducing the capability
of running voice packets over the network. You will have to wait until
UMTS (at least release 5, due for ... 2003-4-5) for this.

wim