(keitai-l) Re: trying to dowload ringtones, apps and i-motions to N200

From: Oliver Wittchow <ow_at_nanoloop.com>
Date: 06/08/02
> In Japan the problem I find is that you can with Japanese phones,
> but I have trouble sending native ringtones across.... they usually don't
> accept the native formats for transfer by trying to be user friendly.
> (So I gave up and just download them over the network).

when sending ringtones via IR, they must be base64 encoded. additionally
files must have some text wrapped around the base64 string.
with the N503i for example it should look like this:

BEGIN:VNOTE
VERSION:1.1
SUMMARY;CHARSET=SHIFT_JIS:(name of song)
BODY;ENCODING=BASE64:(base64 encoded mld file)
X-NEC-MODIFY:1
END:VNOTE

with other phones it looks a little different. to find out how melodies
are encoded, simply send a (downloaded, not copy protected) melody to
your computer and hava a look at the received text file.

if you are interested i could send you some java code which converts mld
files to IR-kiss compatible text files.
however, you could also get a free base64 encoder and write a batch
file which calls the encoder and copies the additonal VNOTE strings to
the base64 file. (isn't there a DOS-copy command which can add files to
each other?).

cheers

oliver