(keitai-l) Keitai trends come and go...

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 06/26/02
I am in share-mode today, so I share some observations which
never made it's way into our "Showcase of Japanese Keitai
Culture" and maybe they are unknown outside of Japan...

One of the reasons I love to live in Japan is, that Japanese
people are so unbelievable pragmatic. There is demand for
something and suddenly somebody offers it in a commercial
way.

So some months ago the first FOMA phones popped up with
extremely short lasting batteries. At the same time all
other new phones have such long lasting batteries, so that
people simply forgot to charge their phones.

There was demand. Demand for charging services. Mobile ones.

So about 3 months ago suddenly everywhere (in cafes, Karaoke bars,
Pachinko places, Tsutaya, McDonalds or even on the street) you
could charge your phone for a fee with these devices:

http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/charger1.jpg
http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/charger2.jpg
http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/charger3.jpg

and now, just 3 months later, these public chargers also
disappear as fast as they appeared.

Life is fast in Japan.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/