(keitai-l) 3G mobile sites

From: JD <jtv_at_jtvworld.com>
Date: 06/26/02
Does anyone out there use a 3G mobile or know where one can view 3G sites
(KDDI or Docomo's)  on the web ?
Also know of a download URL for an emulator in either English and/or
Japanese version ?

KDDI mentioned that there is no way to view 3G sites online, however we
feel that it is possible (although maybe no video, but that is fine).

Or more in detail why we feel such:

A Mobile Browser which can emulate the mobile handset and display XHTML (
or what ever the 3G pages are written in) content in the same way in which
the end user would see it on their phone, and have the same style
navigation. Such a tool must exist.

 From my understanding mobile fones connect to sites on the internet.
Which means that they do not need to be on some protect server that is not
accessible to anyone else.  If the content is on the internet, then I
assume it can be accessed via a normal browser or at least via telnet.

If the pages are XHTML then there is no reason why the page code itself can
not be downloaded by a browser directly from the internet and displayed.
Video content will of course not work, but the layout, menus etc should
work.

Cheers,  JD
--
Jacob Dedek (JD)