(keitai-l) Re: emoji

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 07/02/02
Hi Juergen

Juergen Specht wrote:

>>It is beginning to seem likely that it may not be possible to
>>send emojis from a non-imode email system to an imode phone via
>>email.
>>

>I am quite amazed

You are clearly easily shocked

>how somebody who "has spent 4 years working in
>the Japanese user-interface and mobile-device fields" (quote from
>the web site of your employer (?)) has so less fantasy to find
>this out...sure it is possible!

fantasy?  Well 4 years working in the Japanese user-interace and
mobile-device field doesn't imply that I ever emailed emoji or indeed am
a mail header expert :-)

Sides, HydraNet is not my employer and that web site is out of date.
 I'm sure they would be happy to acquire the services of an experience
hand such as yourself.

>One hint: create a mail containing emoji with your SO503iS. Send
>this mail to your own Keitai address PLUS as CC (some phones have
>the option "Add receiver") to your normal email address.
>
>Receive the email on your Keitai and enjoy the emoji.
>
>Receive a copy of exact the same mail to your normal email
>address. Check the headers. Create exact the same headers and the
>same content and send it from your desktop computer to your
>Keitai. If you made no mistake in this process, you should
>receive the mail with the same emojis with your Keitai.

Did that.  Now its working, thanks for the help.

In more detail the problem is this:

Message headers required by imode phone:

To: <email address>

Message headers in my email:

To: <email address>

So it seems that the MIME-version header must come after the the To: header

>If not, than the consultant needs professional consulting :)

I always need professional consulting.  You know as well as I do that
I'm making this up as I go along :-)

Thanks again.

CHEERS> SAM