(keitai-l) Re: Camera phones - USB & WPAN

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 07/26/02
Benjamin, I'm more interested in talking about "how" instead
of "why" wireless.

(1) how: security
I have an all-in-one notebook, and not a bag of pieces talking
with each other in radio or IR.  there're a lot of problems
when you go wireless, like anti-spoofing, etc., and no matter
how careful is your design, people will find ways to break it.

would be a wonderful world if you take Keihinkyuko-line, and
take off an hour later, with all the newest songs and movies,
as well as the documents of J-SH52, N504iS, and even DoJa3.

this is not a problem as WLAN security, it may open a door
to all the addresses, bank/credit card numbers and passwords.

(2) why: ease of use?
also, the user interface is a problem for wireless.  if you
want to add a sound effect processor between your harddrive
and you MP3 earphone, you simply plug them together wired,
or you'll have to setup software, maybe on all the 3 devices
so that the earphone won't jump directly to the harddrive.

that's why we have so many analog things in the digital age,
scrollbars, and dials on your mouse, Sony notebooks, and
digital cameras.  in the same way, you cannot say wireless
is better than wire.

cheers,

Ken