(keitai-l) unlimited wireless data

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 08/02/02
Verizon Wireless' 1X data plan of USD 99.99 for unlimited access
at up to 144 kb/s (typical real 40-60 kb/s, less than $90/month
if during the campaign, with various rebates) is about the same
level as Air H" 128's JPY 8,430 (one year contract 4,930 + 3,500).

does anyone know if there's room for Verizon to lower the price
to compete with WLAN (though the real problem is the coverage)?
what's the capability of au/KDDI, FOMA, and J-Phone IMT?

Cisco is working with Japanese operators for integrated WLAN-
cellular service with "handoff".  but I guess very few users
will care if it's not flat rate; and even if there're cellular
data plans for unlimited access, I doubt many will opt if
prices aren't cheap enough (comparable to JPY 1,500 for WLAN?).

what're you thinking?

cheers,

Ken