(keitai-l) Re: Java outside Japan

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 08/08/02
>  btw, I'd like to learn if anyone know i-appli has anything good.
>  anything i-appli can do but JSCL cannot will be interesting.

Some points on the extended + optional APIs are here:
http://web.ffn.ne.jp/~npaka/kvm/doja20/

I may be wrong, but as far as I know, the comms between browser and appli
are unique to doja2.0 ? eg having the browser link/launch an appli that is
already in the phone, passing it a URL for some content (eg this done on
yamaha's mero-chya site for previewing melodies in an appli)
Also the other way - having an appli launch a URL in the browser.
This is similar to the muglet stuff that sprint has done.

HTML panels are also in doja2, but the html support seems limited. A start
tho'

The other stuff I think JSCL has (machiuke appli, sprite routines) and
perhaps more standardly implemented. To do 3D on 504 it seems each mfr has a
slightly different setup.

/dc