(keitai-l) Ringtone P2P

From: Jan Michael Hess <jan_at_mobileeconomy.de>
Date: 08/20/02
dear keitai-lovers,

I am interested in finding out if users can exchange ringtones
within and across the 3 Japanese wireless webs (i-mode, j-sky, ezweb)
between handsets by attaching them to email, infrared/bluetooth or
uploading/downloading them to a p2p server accessible by keitai.
Of course, I see the problem of various ringtone formats.

if no, what do operators in Japan do technically to prevent it?

if yes, what is your personal experience with this functionality?

and do you believe that mobile p2p will jeopardize the revenues
of the ringtone sites?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Jan.

Jan Michael Hess
CEO, Mobile Economy | www.mobileeconomy.de
Editor-in-Chief, mobiliser.org | www.mobiliser.org

ph: +49.30.30 10 74 88 | m: +49.178.31 26 098
e: jan@mobileeconomy.de | jan@mobiliser.org
a: Mobile Economy GmbH & mobiliser.org
   Ahornallee 20, D-14050 Berlin, Germany