(keitai-l) Re: imode vs i-mode

From: James Santagata <jsanta_at_audiencetrax.com>
Date: 08/22/02
I'm somewhat surprised that Docomo allowed
the imode/i-mode debate to occur.

Most large firms will (and should) have a style guide
that dictates brand name usage, spelling, fonts, colors
and other particulars. And this is usually (should)
be enforced across all communication channels,
communications, ads, packaging, etc. which ensures
consistency.

I've heard it said that Docomo didn't have a particular
spelling style for imode/i-mode written in English, because
it's normally or only written in Japanese. But if that is the case,
it should have been placed in the style guide in English
as well, as English is obviously a ubuiquitous language and
then they could at least enforce it's usage on their own website
and marketing materials.

James Santagata

A U D I E N C E T R A X
http://www.audiencetrax.com