(keitai-l) Re: Push-to-talk mode

From: cfb <cfb_at_nirai.ne.jp>
Date: 08/24/02
Simplex two way radio... and yes, it is used... primarily among taxi
services, construction and other dispatch based services.  As for how
the licensing and purchasing of service is handled, I've never had to
go through that particular exercise, but you should be able to find a
local electronic shop that caters to the HAM radio operator community
who can steer you in the right direction...

Also interesting to note, as with NZ and AU, phones (SMS/imode) are
starting to augment the in car radios used by taxi services.  Also
interesting to note, the non-voice dispatch services in AU taxis cost
~AU$500 to rent/subscribe.  GPS enabled phones that can voluntarily
emit position information to anyone will accelerate this trend.