(keitai-l) Re: SMS/mobile Internet/TV

From: James Santagata <jsanta_at_audiencetrax.com>
Date: 09/30/02
Eric,

You really need to not only re-read my post, but read up on basic
Constitutional
law before you start mischaracterizing my post as the product of "far-right
militia
propaganda" and then telling me to read the Constitution when your analysis
show little if any understanding of it.

1) You state that "Congress can and does delegate its taxing authority to
regulatory
agencies."

I never commented on whether Congress can or can't delegate its
taxing authority. My sole point was and still is that what Congress hasn't
authorized  _can't_ be delegated. Do you actually believe that Congress can
delegate what it hasn't authorized?

2) You state "Regulatory agencies can and do make law under the
Constitution, as do
courts."

I stated that Congress _never_ authorized those taxes. You take issue with
that,
but what you conveniently ignore (and I assume you must be ignoring it,
since you
purport to be a Constitutionally well-read individual) is that these
agencies _cannot_
create taxes. Period. Only Congress has the authority to levy taxes and
that is clearly
enumerated in the Constitution you implore me to read. For your reference,
take a
gander at Article I,  Section 8 (you may find that section interesting as
well, because
that is where Congress derives its powers for copyright and patent law as
well).

3) You really learn to learn how to read carefully before you start
painting everything
you disagree with as being "far right militia" propaganda.

James