(keitai-l) Re: 3G and wireless video

From: <Daniel.X.Nilsson_at_telia.se>
Date: 10/01/02
Greetings=20

Just wanted to add a bullet in your last statement about PV and MS.

4) Is it because MS have some problems to enter the mobile market with
their products under the Microsoft brand? They don't have a good
reputation in the fixed PC world regarding stability and realibility,
two words that are important in the telco world. By using PV as a front
this problem gets less noticable to the end users. Or in other words,
they are trying to get their technology on the market with another
brand.=20

MS might also encounter regulatory problems if they try to get in to the
mobile market. (they will simply become to big, and EU and other
regulatory instances maybe have something to say about it). By using PV
they will still be able to get their technology supported in the mobile
world, and eventually who knows... Maybe one day PV changes name to
MS... Or maybe one day, PV stops developing servers and content
productions systems, this is done by MS, PV only develops the player for
the mobile termnals...

//Daniel