(keitai-l) Re: appli/midlet emulation in browsers - ot

From: Jason Pollard <jasonpollard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10/02/02
--- Ken Chang <kench@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi Jason, when will you publish the upgrade for DoJa2 ?

Hi Ken.  That depends on the participation in the project.  Right now, I'm
getting some good hits, considering that I just posted to keitai-l and another
ml.  However, nobody's participating in the forums, so I can guess that
nobody's hacking on the code yet either :-(.  I'm interested in doing the new
doja2 stuff, especially the new 3D extensions.

> I just saw a news days ago that several young Japanese guys
> developed a GameBoy VM, Java appli of about 20 KB.  you transfer
> GameBoy binaries in the scratchpad and the GVM? will execute it
> ... slowly.
>
> though I don't have much experience, I really want to do some
> coding for old Atari or Nintendo games ... even though it's
> someone else's idea :(

It's an iAPpli that implements a GameBoy VM???  That sounds really cool, and
I'd like to see it, if you can find a link or something.  And do you have a
link to that article as well?

I love those old games too.  I was very happy to play Pac-Man on my friend's
keitai last time I visited japan.

regards,

Jason