(keitai-l) Re: xslt and php

From: James Carlyle <james.carlyle_at_fableflow.com>
Date: 10/25/02
Christian

> > Your question is not very 'keitai', however:
True - not at all keitai

> >Anybody here doing xsl transformations (xml->html, wml, hdml) with php?
What I think you are looking for is a transformation engine that can sniff
the user-agent string and determine what format to serve content in.  If you
were running Java, Cocoon2 would be exactly the right tool.  Several years
ago we developed a transformation engine using XSLT pipelining, intermediate
caching etc, but it was developed in Perl.

I don't know of anything in PHP and have done a quick search for you.  This
is open source but does not sniff the device:
http://www.cs.put.poznan.pl/dweiss/index.php/projects/sin/index.xml?lang=en

Sorry that I don't have good news.

Kind regards,
James Carlyle