(keitai-l) Re: Color WAP Usability

From: Ben Hutchings <ben_at_decadentplace.org.uk>
Date: 10/30/02
On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 06:32:30PM +0100, Gustaf Alströmer wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm in need of any kind of usability documents or information that
> regards to the WAP 1.3.1 standard and above. Also documents that are
> specifically written for Nokia 7650, Ericsson P800 or Panasonic
> GD87.

For the Nokia 7650, look at information about "Series 60" (Nokia's
name for the software platform) under <http://www.forum.nokia.com>.

> Does anyone know if there are any good, colorful and usable services
> already made for these phones? (Except for the P800)

The best apps for the Nokia 7650 and the P800 (coming RSN, I believe)
will probably be native Symbian OS apps.  However, Vodafone in the UK
<http://www.vodafone.co.uk> has just launched an MMS service which,
together with the usual premium rubbish like ringtones, is branded as
'Vodafone Live'.  This is fairly important for the 7650 if you want to
make use of its camera; probably worth investigating.

--
Ben Hutchings  |  personal web site: http://womble.decadentplace.org.uk/
Gates has joked that everything goes on and off unexepectedly in the house,