(keitai-l) Re: Image alignment in imode phones

From: [DdM] Jasper Drexhage <jasper_at_drexhage.nl>
Date: 11/08/02
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the link over the Unisys/Gif debacle (did't know about this).
I'm currently working on a server side system wich renders gifs and html
on the fly adjusted to the handset/pda/browser wich is used.

In the Unisys/Gif thread they mention that the combination of Gif and
the LZW compression is the keything for Unisys.

Is it possible to use Gif without LZW. Maybe one of the formats (87, 87a
and 89a) use a different compression format?

I really hope that future handsets will support other formats. (png
would be nice)

Regards

Jasper Drexhage

(sorry for my bad english)