(keitai-l) Re: Image alignment in imode phones

From: Jason Pollard <jasonpollard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11/08/02
I think we've been through this before, but I've got a couple of cents to
donate.

First, the way I understand it, you can legally make the GIFs on the server
side if you use a program that has it licensed, e.g. Photoshop.  Adobe might
even publish an API for that.

Second, SCREW UNISYS.  A: Their claim on compression technology is tenuous at
best.  B: It expires in less than 4 years anyway.  And C: unless your app is a
knockoff of Photoshop, and you're making millions, it's going to be really hard
for them to justify going after you in court, especially if you're out of the
US.  How many thousands of other entities would it be more profitable for them
to go after than yourself?

Don't worry about it.

--jason